Most of us have wondered if we descend from a Mayflower Pilgrim. If you are one of the 10% of lucky Americans, you will be eligible to join the General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD). It has been estimated that 25 million people from all over the globe can prove they have Pilgrims in their family tree.
2020 will be the 400th anniversary of the arrival of the Mayflower. Let Janna and Daniela help you determine if you are eligible to join the Mayflower society. It takes some time to gather in all the sources to prove your link. The first five generations of descendants have already been published so it is easier to find the connection. There are thousands of surnames that lead back to the first pilgrims. Gathering in all the proofs needed to join can take some time. Don't delay. We can guide you in the research or we can do it for you.
Or, perhaps one of your ancestors was among the first settlers of Jamestown, Virginia. Several years ago, we celebrated the 400th anniversary of the settlement at Jamestown. It can be exciting and fun for your family to find a relationship to these founders.
Do you descend from a royal European line, or might you be a descendant of one of the U.S. Presidents? These are areas of research that Janna and Daniela can help you with. Here are a few of the lineage societies that we can help you join.
· Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Massachusetts (men only)
· Associated Daughters of Early American Witches
· Baronial Order of Magna Charta
· Colonial Dames of America
· Colonial Order of the Crown of Charlemagne
· The Colonial Society of Pennsylvania
· Daughters of the Cincinnati
· Daughters of the Republic of Texas
· Descendants of Founders of New Jersey
· Descendants of the Illegitimate Sons & Daughters of the Kings of Britain
· Descendants of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence
· The Dutch Settlers Society of Albany
· General Society Sons of the Revolution (men only)
· Hereditary Order of Descendants of Colonial Governors
· Holland Society of New York
· The Huguenot Society of America
· Jamestown Society
· Military order of the Crusades
· National Huguenot Society
· National Society Americans of Royal Descent
· National Society Children of the American Colonists
· National Society Descendants of Early Quakers
· Plantagenet Society
· Society of the Ark and the Dove
· Society of the Descendants of Washington’s Army at Valley Forge
· The Welcome Society of Pennsylvania
· Welsh Society of Philadelphia
As with all lineage societies, they will require reliable and documented research to prove the line of descent from you to your target ancestor. Gathering and citing the sources to include in your lineage application can be a problem for many people who have not had experience in documenting their research. Janna and Daniela are members of lineage societies and can help you with your research.
Use our handy Help Me! Button to get started. Ask any thing you like and we will get back to you with an answer.
Help Me! My grandmother swore that we descended from Mayflower ancestors. Can you help me if I send you my pedigree chart?
Help Me! Can you find an ethnic, lineage, or a one-name society relevant to my area of research?
Help Me! I forgot to make a full citation of a book I used in my research. Can you help me find out what it should be?
Help Me! I heard that my ancestor came to America on the second boat. Can you help me determine what ship? Is there a society for those who came over after the Mayflower?
Help Me! My most distant ancestor settled in New England in the 1600s? How can I determine if I descend from royalty?
Help Me! My name is Elbridge Gerry and it has been passed down through the generations. Can you tell me if my ancestor is one of the man who signed the Declaration of Independence?
Help Me! My ancestor arrived in New York and settled in Manakin Town, Virginia. That was a Huguenot settlement; can you tell me if I am eligible to join the Huguenot Society?
Click on Help Me! Janna and Daniela will be glad to answer any questions you may have.